New and properly installed windows can elevate the look of your home and help save you money on your energy bills. The window experts at Blaze Restoration are here to guide you through the selection and installation process.
Windows come in a wide variety of sizes, shapes and styles. If you are looking for inspiration, look no further than the architectural style of your home. Below are some of the most common pairings:
- Tudor style homes usually feature tall, narrow windows
- Colonial style homes typically feature small double-hung windows with grids
- Prairie style homes often feature clerestory windows
- Cape Cod style homes traditionally feature dormer windows
- Bungalow and craftsman style homes regularly feature double hung and casement windows
- Split-level and ranch style homes normally feature picture and large sliding glass windows
Keeping your window selection in the style of your home can elevate your curb appeal and may even increase its resale value. When possible, stick to a single manufacturer to ensure the materials used in the frames and grids match.
The Installation Experts
Once you have selected the type and style of windows you want, the installation process can begin. This includes:
- Taking measurements
- Removing the old window and fasteners
- Cleaning the opening and removing any damaged molding
- Dry fitting the new window
- Applying caulk and placing the new window into the opening
- Leveling, adjusting, and checking to make sure the window is square
- Filling in any gaps between the window and the frame
- Installing interior and exterior molding
Incorrectly installed windows can be devastating. The experts at Blaze Restoration are here to help, delivering high-quality and affordable windows that are tailor-made to fit your needs.
For more information on windows, give us a call today at (800) 464-1142 to experience the Blaze way.